[WEB4LIB] Re: Lynx question

David Merchant merchant at bayou.com
Mon Nov 22 14:51:55 EST 1999

At 09:02 AM 11/22/99 -0800, Darryl Friesen wrote:
> > Since I am not a Lynx user, I claim total ignorance:
> >
> > How well does Lynx handle frames and Java script?
>
>It doesn't.  They say text only and they meant it.  :)

Actually the last few versions of Lynx has frames capability of a sort (but
no JavaScript).  The frames works like this:

In a GUI browser that has three frames like so

___________________
| frame 1   |  frame 2     |
|               |                  |
|               |__________|
|               | frame 3      |
|________|__________|

in Lynx each frame will be listed as a link, like so

frame 1
frame 2
frame 3

clicking on the links will then show you the content of that particular frame.

WebTV will render frames as a table.

TTFN,
David
Systems Librarian, Louisiana Tech University
Javascript list administrator <www.mountaindragon.com/javascript/>
Merchant's Encyclopedia of HTML <www.mountaindragon.com/html/>
Personal Page <www.mountaindragon.com/merchant/>