[WEB4LIB] Lynx question

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Mon Nov 22 12:01:58 EST 1999

> Since I am not a Lynx user, I claim total ignorance:
>
> How well does Lynx handle frames and Java script?

It doesn't.  They say text only and they meant it.  :)

I've heard that the newest version (2.8?) of Lynks will attempt to render
frames as a table but I haven't seen it myself.  Perhaps someone else can
comment on how well that works.

I don't think there are any plans to support JavaScript.  Most JavaScript is
used to do things that wouldn't work in text mode anyway, like opening new
windows, change image properties etc.  For the little bit that would work,
it doesn't seem like it's worth the effort.

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc.                        Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Programmer/Analyst                            http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Consulting & Development, Computing Services
  University of Saskatchewan                   "The Truth Is Out There"