[WEB4LIB] Re: ProQuest vs. EBSCOHost - Fulltext

Jay Frantz jay at ccpl.ci.corpus-christi.tx.us
Mon Nov 22 10:45:01 EST 1999

I am finding that EbscoHost is rather sketchy in terms of the advanced
search procedures. I am left scratching my head oftentimes...They are
supposed to index a range of journals for example 1990-1991 and yet the
only ones that appear after a search is twenty-five. I am assuming that
they only include 25 in their indexing for that range. Our Acquisitions
Dept. seems to think that it would include the citations and some
full-text for all of the specified range in the above example. I don't
care for EbscoHost much because of their confusing interface.

Regards,

Jay H. Frantz,
Webmaster