[WEB4LIB] Re: should the library webmaster be a librarian?

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Fri Nov 19 14:36:18 EST 1999

> but no I don't think
> the webmaster should be a Librarian, unless that person also has a _very_
> strong computer background
>
> I see the Librarian's strength as content.

I agree, the Webmaster should be the person running the server. I would
continue this argument by saying the (under this definition) the Webmaster
should NOT, in any way, shape or form, be in control of the content.
However, job descriptions are rarely this clear cut.

Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org :: http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
The WWW Library Directory is @ http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
Buy books, music or videos online? http://www.dealpilot.com/?partner=1307

Child: Do not try to bend the spoon, that is impossible.
       Just realize the truth.
Neo:   What is the truth?
Child: There is no spoon.	-- The Matrix

Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.