[WEB4LIB] Is Netscape dead? I asked Jeeves

Valerie Lawrence lawrencv at OHSU.EDU
Thu Nov 18 14:12:54 EST 1999

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Alicia Abramson wrote:

> should all just shop at Amazon and admit that independent bookstores are a
> thing of the past.  Not trying to start a war, but interested in hearing
> why or why not people are ditching Netscape.

One reason I'm not ditching NS is that IE5 doesn't behave properly when
I'm trying to download a search in Ovid.  Instead of a popup window asking
where I want to save the file, when I try to select a search to download,
I get a screen with all the text running together.  My option is to copy
and paste from this??? No thank you.  Ovid says Micro$oft "knows it's a
problem" but the Ovid rep said they didn't sound like they planned to fix
it.

Val

Valerie Lawrence, MLS, Assistant Librarian	<lawrencv at ohsu.edu>
Western States Chiropractic College
2900 NE 132nd Ave.			       Voice  (503)251-5756
Portland, OR  97230			       Fax    (503)251-5759
Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of
my employer.  Goodness knows why they hired me.