[WEB4LIB] outsourcing

John S. Hambleton jhamblet at nmu.edu
Fri Nov 12 12:54:19 EST 1999

We maintain our own webpages in accordance with University Guidelines.
I do not support outsourcing at all. Suppose the person who lost her
University
job as a result of outsourcing comes back as a consultant who now creates
"outsourced" web presentations for the University? Besides, Universities are
about learning and growing--not just for students but for everyone.
My $0.02

Mr. H

At 01:27 PM 11/11/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Our college is currently outsourcing it's home page, but the library
>maintains it's own home page. The college is working on a policy for
>home pages and is considering outsourcing the libraries page as well. I
>would like your experience on the pros and conso of outsourcing the
>libraries home page. Personally I hope there are more cons then pros but
>I can be convinced otherwise. I'd like a mini survey of how many of the
>lists members maintain their own page and how many  outsource. If you
>outsource or have the college's webmaster handle your page how much
>input do you or the library have? If you maintain your own page what are
>the outside controls?
>
>Thanks in advance

+John S. Hambleton
+Olson Library
+Northern Michigan University
+Marquette, Michigan 49855
+LMS 6.5.0, GTO 6.5.0
+
+Phone:   906-227-2741
+E-mail:  jhamblet at nmu.edu
+
+Tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis.