[WEB4LIB] Book Jacket Images for Library Web Pages

Dale Askey daskey at library.utah.edu
Fri Nov 12 10:57:04 EST 1999

Barbara-

Thank you for sharing your experience with Simon and Schuster.
Their arrogance amazes me. Not only do libraries promote reading,
we also buy enormous numbers of books. Did they forget that?

I can only hope that Steve Coffman hears of experiences such as
yours. In his euphoria for his Earth's Largest Library proposal he
often glosses over the practical difficulties, such as getting
permission to use images, that his project entails. Publishers can be
a tough lot to deal with.

I'll certainly think twice next time I have a Simon and Schuster book
in my hand. They've influenced my buying decisions, that's for sure.

Best regards,
Dale Askey
______
Dale Askey