[WEB4LIB] Library Web award?

Community Relations Department comrel at orion.org
Wed Nov 10 16:17:53 EST 1999

> I am going to submit a proposal to LITA that they sponsor (i.e.,
> find a commercial sponsor for) an annual award that will honor the
> best in library Web sites.  Before I do, I thought it a good idea to
> check with this list.  Does anybody know of any Web site award
> specifically for libraries?

The L. PeRCy Awards (http://www.ssdesign.com/librarypr/awards.html)
given by the Library Public Relations Council has a category for Library
Web site. They give out the award at the ALA Annual Conference. They
only ask to see the top page, so I don't know how comprehensive it is,
it seems to lean more towards design than content. That being said, the
Springfield-Greene County Library won it last year.
--
Nancy Parry McCluer
Community Relations Department
Springfield, MO     *     comrel at orion.org