[WEB4LIB] Re: Subject: Re: In re includes

Hanan Cohen hanan at qglibrary.org.il
Mon Nov 8 02:54:11 EST 1999

Darryl Friesen wrote:

When I visit your site, should I use shtml or html when I type
> in the URL?  It becomes especially hard to remember when shtml and html are
> mixed on a site.

I hope that no site demands the typing of file names.
I hope that no page demands access by typing and not by clicking from another
"default" page.

What's HyperText invented for ? Typing file names ?

A domain name and a directory is enough.

If a page is not "naturally" accessed through an obvious sequence of links (and
some alternative ones), well, back to the drawing board.

On every web server you can decide what is the default document for a directory
(and of course if it's a "plain" page or an SSI'd one.)

--
Hanan Cohen

Kibbutz Tamuz - Beit Shemesh http://www.tamuz.org.il
Qiriat Gat Library - http://www.qglibrary.org.il