[WEB4LIB] Re: AOL browser question

David Merchant merchant at bayou.com
Sun Nov 7 12:33:53 EST 1999

>What I'm curious about is why one would install an AOL browser on a
>library system.

I wouldn't advise it :-), I just use AOL to test the library web pages on
as one of many that I test on.  When I put a copy on my machine at work
after having it on my machine at home, that is when I notice that the same
AOL program worked differently (for web browsing) depending upon which
machine it was installed upon.  I've tried "help" on AOL to discover what
version of IE is actually being used, but so far have not been able to
determine.  But in practice, there really is a difference, I feel that AOL
looks to see if you have IE on your machine, if you don't, one will be
installed, but if there is one already, then it uses that one.

TTFN,
David
Systems Librarian, Louisiana Tech University
javascript list administrator <www.mountaindragon.com/javascript/>
HTML Live Examples webmaster <www.mountaindragon.com/html/>
Personal Page <www.mountaindragon.com/merchant/>