[WEB4LIB] Printer - friendly

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Nov 2 16:28:51 EST 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Gary E. Masters <gmasters at tamiu.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at webjunction.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 1999 3:05 PM
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Printer - friendly

> I was trying to cut and paste from a Washington Post article this
morning
> and found that it owuld not highlight.  Then I notices a "button" for
> printer - friendly" text.  I could highlight that text.  I did a print
> preview of the first "unfriendly" text and saw a mess.  Is this part of
> HTML?  If so, where do I look for it on the page?

You don't mention your browser or its version (tsk, tsk), but I can
recreate this with Netscape 4.7 running on NT.

I suspect that this particular NS flakiness is not due to HTML, but to
HTTP.  Note the headers on the printer unfriendly version of an article
(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/nation/A10233-1999Nov2.html):

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Netscape-Enterprise/3.6