[WEB4LIB] Campus Pipeline

Barbara M. Harris-Pruitt bharris at binghamton.edu
Tue Nov 2 16:27:47 EST 1999

W went to their site and when I clicked on their "Pipeline in Action" link
and tried to "follow the student through typical day" it didn't work the
first time, but did the next time (after I had gone to their "partners"
page).  Hmmm...  Also, not all the links on their partners page worked
correctly, either.  That would make me very leary of thinking of this type
of product as a portal for our Libraries' Web site. To say nothing of the
advertising....

Bye.  Barbara

Barbara M. Harris-Pruitt
Library Systems Administration
Binghamton University Libraries
bharris at binghamton.edu

http://library.lib.binghamton.edu
Phone:  (607) 777-4342    Fax:  (607) 777-4848

Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the
future.
    Euripides
> I'm wondering if any other libraries, particularly academic ones, have
> experiences at their institutions with Campus Pipeline. For those
> of you not
> familiar with this, Campus Pipeline is an attempt to create an Internet
> portal for colleges and universities. According to the company's web site
> (http://www.campuspipeline.com) "Campus Pipeline is designed to be the
> framework for all other applications at the institution."

<snip>