[WEB4LIB] Re: AOL browser question

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Fri Nov 5 18:44:36 EST 1999

> AOL uses a activex dll called Shdoc???.dll it's in the windows / system
> folder. The file alows you to render html code and images in a finished
> page the works like internet explorer.

Actually, I think those DLL's are Microsoft's (Internet Explorer specifically)
not AOL's.  I've never user AOL but have 3 shdoc*.dll files (all are version
5.x, I assume because I have Internet Explorer 5).

Couldn't you just select About from the Help menu to determine exactly what
version of the software is installed?

- Darryl

   Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
   Consulting & Development                     http://gollum.usask.ca/
   Department of Computing Services                 163 Murray Building
   University of Saskatchewan                              Main Library