AOL browser question

David Merchant merchant at bayou.com
Fri Nov 5 17:14:58 EST 1999

Don't know if anyone can answer this, but I noticed something when putting
the same AOL 4.0 on two different computers: the AOL browser seemed to be
different between the two.  One had IE 3.0 already installed, and the
second had IE 4.01 already installed before installing AOL 4.0.  It seems
that when you install AOL 4.0, if you already have IE on your machine, it
doesn't install a browser but uses, in essence, the one you already have
(though altered when it appears in AOL).  I noticed this when testing a web
page, and noted that the web page differences (in color support and other
tag supported) between the AOL 4.0 on one machine and the AOL 4.0 on the
other machine exactly matched the differences with how that page looked on
IE 3.0 and IE 4.0.  Can any confirm, deny, explain this to me?

TTFN,
David
Systems Librarian, Louisiana Tech University
javascript list administrator <www.mountaindragon.com/javascript/>
HTML Live Examples webmaster <www.mountaindragon.com/html/>
Personal Page <www.mountaindragon.com/merchant/>