American Library Association = Worthless!

jay jay at ccpl.ci.corpus-christi.tx.us
Tue Nov 9 14:01:47 EST 1999

I invite your opinion on the following.  I feel that my past membership in the
American Library Association constitutes a waste of money.  The organization
is mostly concerned with administrative stances of no consequence and making a
lot of noise about censorship, blah, blah, yech!   Why don't librarians have
the same respect as teachers!  Why don't we have a national union, credit
union, etc? Instead, we depend upon the cheapskate governmental organizations
that we work for to "throw us a bone once and a while!"

Answer:  We have the American Library Association to represent us. In my
humble opinion; a worthless organization.

I'm not trying to make enemies here; rather encourage useful discussion.

Regards,

Jay H. Frantz,
Struggling Librarian