[WEB4LIB] Re: Web Trends and an alpha

John Creech creechj at mumbly.lib.cwu.edu
Tue Nov 9 10:53:53 EST 1999

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Darryl Friesen wrote:

> For those that don't know, Samba lets your Unix box look like an NT machine
> with file and print shares your Windows clients can connect to.  I can't say
> for sure, but I think it's free.

I believe it is, too.  Home for it is http://samba.anu.edu.au/samba/

Our "late" systems libn. Sara Amato, now at Bowdoin, set it up years ago.
It's sweet. I went from the home page above to the first U.S. mirror, and
Samba is noted as now open source software.

John Creech
Electronic Resources & Systems Librarian
Central Washington University Library
400 E. 8th Ave. | Ellensburg, WA 98926 | 509-963-1081
creechj at www.lib.cwu.edu