"Library Software Review" focus group at SLA

ernest perez perez at opac.osl.state.or.us
Thu May 27 16:16:24 EDT 1999

Dear Web4Lib subscribers,

I attach below the text of an "official invite" from Brian Neumann of
Sage Publications. We'd like to invite you to a small focus group during
the SLA Minneapolis Conference about the editorial directions of the
_Library Software Review_ journal.

I would welcome the opportunity to talk with those who might be
interested in talking about the publication. Hope to see you in
Minneapolis....

Cheers,
Ernest Perez, Ph.D.
Oregon State Library
Salem OR
503-378-4243, ext 257

---------------------enclosed message---------------------------------

Dear Information Professionals,

Sage Publications and Ernest Perez of the Oregon State Library would like to
invite you to participate in a small discussion concerning Sage's journal
_Library Software Review_.  Mr Perez will be taking over the editorship of
LSR.  He and the Publisher are interested in re-focusing the journal, and we
would greatly appreciate your ideas, guidance, criticism, etc.  Mr. Perez is
also looking for authors and editorial advisors to the journal.

If you are able to participate in this informal "focus group"(refreshments
provided)  on Sunday afternoon, June 7, during the SLA convention in
Minneapolis, please respond to me (Brian) at <Brian_Neumann at sagepub.com>.
I will give you details and confirmation.  If you would be available to talk
with Ernest Perez and Catherine Rossbach, but will not be available on Sunday
afternoon, please let me make an arrangement for you to get together at your
convenience.

Brian Neumann
Brian_Neumann at sagepub.com
617-753-7508