web statistics for dummies?

Linda Woods Hyman lhyman at mail.sdsu.edu
Thu May 20 12:08:30 EDT 1999

Hi! I admit I have not looked in the Archives for the answer to this
question, so please forgive me if it is there. Can anyone recommend a
really simple software for tracking the number of hits to a web site?  I
want something that tells me how many hits to each .html page, compares
them to the whole site, and then permits me to track hits over time.  Right
now I am getting a huge, graphical display from our internal folks using a
package called WebTrends.  For my needs, it is pretty much useless and
takes forever to open on my measly little 28.8 modem. TIA.

Linda Woods Hyman, MLIS., MA.
Pacific Bell Education First
(619) 237-2020
http://www.kn.pacbell.com