Computer lab job descriptions

Kevin Kierans kkierans at tnrdlib.bc.ca
Tue May 18 18:52:25 EDT 1999

Rather than re-invent the wheel, does anyone have (or can anyone point
me
to) "running a computer lab in a public library" job descriptions?

We will soon be opening a "computer lab" in our main branch.

It will have 10 - 16 workstations, each with a suite of basic
software (the wordprocessors, spreadsheets, resume writing software,
internet browswers...) (networked, probably)

The people running the lab will be expected to fix the basic problems,
such as why the printer won't work, or how to do bold in wordperfect.
(We have two full time techies for more difficult problems.)

They will also give workshops to the general public and other staff
members on "use this software to do your resume"
and "how to use Alta Vista to search for whatever" and
"what? you still don't have an email address?" and
"use the web to dig up your family roots" etc.

Thanks in advance.
--
Kevin Kierans,  Manager of Library and Support Services
   Thompson-Nicola Regional District Library System