Netscape Composer

Mary Platt (Library) mplatt at ksumail.kennesaw.edu
Wed May 5 08:37:42 EDT 1999

Thanks for all the good ideas for how to deal the problem of students using
netscape composer to write papers in the library.  Maybe I am overlooking
something very obvious,  but if we use just Netscape Navigator,  there will
be no e-mail option for them.  ONe of our most heavily used services offers
an e-mail option that uses netscape's e-mail.. the students can e-mail the
results of their searching to their personal e-mail.  This is quick and
saves printing costs for them.

Someone mentioned Wordpad and the problems inherent with that being
available.  I can disable and block access to that through various means.
We do leave notepad on the desktop as it is useful for simple copy and
paste functions, but few students try to use it for their papers.

Thanks
Mary

Mary Platt
Assistant Librarian
Co-Ordinator of Electronic Reference Services
Kennesaw State University
1000 Chastain Road
Kennesaw, GA  30144
770-423-6197