[WEB4LIB] Re: Sending Letters to Dr Laura,

David Merchant merchant at bayou.com
Sat May 1 18:23:12 EDT 1999

At 06:50 AM 5/1/99 -0700, P.A. Gantt wrote:
>I hate to expose my ignorance... but who in the
>heck is Dr. Laura???

1. She's not a real Dr.  As a PhD in some non-psychology, non-medical field.
2. She preaches against divorce, tells callers to stay in a marriage and
work it out, yet she's divorced and in a second marriage.
3. She preaches against pre-marital sex yet had pictures taken of her in
the nude by her then boyfriend.
4. She preaches against mothers from working outside the home, yet she's a
mom of a young child and works outside the home.

You could argue 2-3 were past mistakes, and should be overlooked, but #4...

TTFN,
David

Systems Librarian, Louisiana Tech University
javascript list administrator <www.mountaindragon.com/javascript/>
HTML Live Examples webmaster <www.mountaindragon.com/html/>
Personal Page <www.mountaindragon.com/merchant/>