[WEB4LIB] Text in gifs

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Mon May 31 13:18:30 EDT 1999

> I know that
> it is important to ensure the "anti-aliasing" box is checked.

Correct.  Some programs (like PaintShop Pro, I don't know about PhotoShop)
don't allow anti-aliasing in 8-bit (256 color) or less images.  You need to
work in something 16-bit or higher color mode to get anti-aliasing (then
reduce the color depth to 8 bit and save as GIF).

I had a look at your page though and the text looked fine.  Could just be the
font face and size that make it 'fuzzy'.  Often I find small fonts appear
better without the anti-aliasing.

- Darryl

   Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
   Consulting & Development                     http://gollum.usask.ca/
   Department of Computing Services                 163 Murray Building
   University of Saskatchewan                              Main Library