[WEB4LIB] Re: FW: zip unrecognized

John T. Benedetto jbenedet at unm.edu
Thu May 13 16:55:38 EDT 1999

On Thu, 13 May 1999, Thomas Edelblute wrote:

> Tried it and it still does not recognize the drive.  Although, I feel I am one
> step closer to understanding the problem.  The installation insists on looking
> for a SCSI device.  When I follow the instructions for a parallel port
> connection, ADD is not an active button to try to get a parallel port setup.
> That is my stumbling block right now.
> --
> Thomas Edelblute
> Anaheim Public Library

The parallel port ZIP drive installs as a SCSI device (it actualy does
under Win95, too, if you look in the control panel -- I think).

There should be a readme that was with the drivers, if you are not looking
at the manual.  It lists the proper steps you need to follow to install
the &^%$#@ thing.  Follow the listed steps EXACTLY.  I believe you will
need to reboot after you add the "SCSI" device, and before you can get
the system to recognize the ZIP drive itself.

The steps won't really look like they make any sense the first time you do
them (they did not to me, at least).

Don't forget to download the NT version of the ZipTools as well.

Good luck with it.

- John

   John Thomas Benedetto, User Support Analyst II       jbenedet at unm.edu
   Centennial Science & Engineering Library,               (505)277-2598
   University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM  87131-1466