[WEB4LIB] Bad things on the Internet, Censorship, and Technol ogy.

Minkel, Walter (Cahners -NYC) WMinkel at cahners.com
Thu May 13 15:05:39 EDT 1999

Yeah, but. If library staff are patrolling around looking at everything I &
others are looking at, that tells me that the government (most libs are govt
institutions, after all) can invade my privacy any time it likes. Having
someone look over my shoulder while I work (or just enjoy myself) at a PC
makes me extremely uncomfortable. I thought libraries _wanted_ users to feel
welcome. The percentage of abusers, if the library enforces behavior
problems consistently, is quite low in most places in my experience. --W

Walter Minkel
wminkel at cahners.com * (212) 463-6721
Technology Editor, _School Library Journal_

	<snip>