[WEB4LIB] NT Script Resources

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Sat May 8 23:02:14 EDT 1999

Two books I use give very little information except for about half a
dozen environment variables.  The main thing stated by each is that "a
logon script is usually a batch file, and has a BAT file name extension
for DOS and Windows clients.  The two books I have are :

Inside Windows NT Server 4
New Riders
Drew Heywood
ISBN 1-56205-649-2

and

MCSE: NT Server 4 Study Guide
Sybex
Strebe, Perkins, and Chellis
ISBN 0-7821-1972-7

I like the MCSE book better because its easier to find an answer.

Phillip Whitford wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good resource, book, web site, etc., concerning NT
> logon scripts?  My thanks.
>
> Phillip B. Whitford
> Braswell Memorial Library
> 344 Falls Rd, Rocky Mount NC 27804
> (252) 442-1951
> Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Braswell Library.

OFF TOPIC (see sig above):

I remember growing up in Rocky Mount the Park View Hospital just down
from the Library and the Boy Scout concrete block hut behind the Library
where I went to kindergarten, and smelling the tobacco warehouses close
by.  Today the Hospital is gone, the kids from the kindergarten are
gone, and occasionally I hear from my neighbor whose father owned the W
B Lea tobacco warehouse close by the library.  Amazing what memories and
ideas these lists can sometimes conjure.

Thomas

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/
Voice:  828 262 6587			FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine