[WEB4LIB] Netscape 4.5

Tom Klingler tk at kent.edu
Thu May 6 17:39:15 EDT 1999

>I am able to access a web site with Netscape 4.5  that has a java applet  on
>it. The site comes up just fine on a PC. When I try to access the same site
>using a Mac, also running Netscape 4.5, the applet will not come up. I have
>tried everything from a PowerPC to a G3, still no luck.
>
>Is there something different with the Mac version of Netscape 4.5 that
>will not
>allow java applets to run?
>
>Any clues or suggestions would be helpful
>
>Carol Dichtenberg
>Manager Training/Help Desk
>Mesa Community College

///////////
5-6-99

I'm generally a Mac advocate, but, from where I sit,  Netscape's  Java
support in its Mac version of its browser has been unstable for me since I
can remember, up through at least Netscape 4.05 for Mac, the latest version
I'm using a lot.   Your note makes me less than eager to upgrade the Macs
to NS 4.5

[ M$ haters hold on to your hats......]   When Java stalls or crashes
Netscape on my Mac(s), or crashes my  Mac completely, I fire up IE 4.0   (I
know, I'm versions behind here, too!)

TK

Tom Klingler
LMS Systems Office