Converting .cda files to .wav files

Mark Stover mstover at pgi.edu
Thu May 6 12:52:19 EDT 1999

I need to convert tracks from an audio CD (made up of .cda files) to some
kind of Web-accessible sound files like .wav files.  (Ultimately I need to
get it into Shockwave format, but I suspect that will be a little more
complex).  Other than playing the CD and recording the sounds off of my
PC's microphone (believe me, I've tried it and studio quality it's not!),
is there any way to easily convert the .cda files to .wav, RealAudio, or a
similar format?

Thanks.

Mark Stover

Mark Stover, Ph.D.
Director of Library Services
Phillips Graduate Institute, Encino, CA     Email:  mstover at pgi.edu
Phone: 818-386-5641   Fax:  603-506-7935
Web:  <http://www.pgi.edu/stover.htm>www.pgi.edu/stover.htm and
<http://www.ilearncommunity.com/>www.ilearncommunity.com
Author of the forthcoming Leading the Wired Organization (Neal-Schuman, 1999)