"systems librarians"

Tami-Jo Eckley eckleyt at mville.edu
Tue May 4 19:00:08 EDT 1999

To the wonderful folks at the Web4Lib listserv who all have such
wonderful advice to share!  I would like some professional advice from
all of you "systems librarians."  My job right now consists of Web Page
Design/Management, Reference, Media, etc.  and Electronic Resources
(databases).  My job began as a new position here last October.  I would
like to learn more about that myterious role of the "systems librarian"
because it will benefit me tremendously here to take on a little bit of
that role.  Where do I start?  I was thinking - a computer science class of
an "introduction to computer systems."  ???

Tami-Jo Eckley
Electronic Services & Media Librarian
Manhattanville College Library
Purchase, NY 10577