Are you using Eudora Planner? Novell-based printer services?

Gavin Ferriby pferriby at uts.columbia.edu
Tue May 4 11:56:47 EDT 1999

At the Burke Library at Union Theological Seminary (NYC), we need to
revamp our electronic messaging software (and upgrade our user skill-sets!).
We are considering a client-side solution, using EudoraPro E-Mail and Eudora
Planner together.  We are also looking to upgrade our fairly non-existent
printer services via our Novell 4.10 LAN.
	As Technical Services Librarian/Systems Librarian, I am quite familiar with
Eudora, but am less familiar with Eudora Planner, or how the two fit together
(or fail to fit together).  Is anyone using these two products together?  What
have your needs been, do these products meet your needs, and would you
recommend further consideration of them?
	As for printer services, I have been in conversation with Xerox Business
Services regarding network print management.  I suspect that they will return a
proposal for us which will be too expensive.  They claim they run such print
management services (i.e. networked printers for staff and public use, each
type with cost-accounting or -recovery mechanisms) only on a WindowsNT
server.
	Has anyone had experience with Xerox Business Systems' network print
management?  Can anyone recommend a good network print management
package (for staff and public printers) which runs on Novell Netware?
	Please respond to me personally, and I will post a digest of responses to
Web4Lib.  Thanks!

Gavin Ferriby
Head of Technical Services, The Burke Library,
Union Theological Seminary (New York, NY USA)
pferriby at uts.columbia.edu

Gavin Ferriby, Head of Technical Services
The Burke Library at Union Theological Seminary
3041 Broadway at 121st St.,
New York, NY 10027 USA
(212) 280-1515 ; >>pferriby at UTS.columbia.edu<<