[WEB4LIB] Re: resolution

Alan Rowoth alan at mailbox.lpl.org
Thu Mar 25 12:07:16 EST 1999

>Good points.  And I forgot about PalmPilots and WinCE, they will becoming
>more and more popular as time goes on as well.

I also web surf on my Newton 2000 (as well as my 19" monitor at work) and I
despise pages that are written trying to establish the kind of layout
control you get in Quark Express. The web was originally designed to be
browser independent and I'd like to see it stay as browser independent as
possible. I see the PDA market as potentially huge and I know a bunch of
web TV users. Let's not disenfranchise them.

Alan

Alan Rowoth          | "I think about Pompei when I feel an end is near,
Liverpool Public Lib.|  Just before the rain, and every time you disappear,
310 Tulip Street     |  I think about a teacup, suspended, and half served
Liverpool NY 13088   |  And all the scholars know
315.457.0310 ext 143 |   is that it's perfectly preserved.
315.453.7867 fax     |  'Oh, oh," they say.
708.570.6529 alan fax|  They say, "This was Pompei"
alan at mailbox.lpl.org |                  Dar Williams - "This was Pompei"