[WEB4LIB] free online survey maker?

Robert J. Tiess rjtiess at warwick.net
Mon Mar 22 07:53:58 EST 1999

Linda Woods Hyman wrote:
> just spent 45 minutes looking for any place that
> will let me make a questionnaire/survey online
> for free.

Catching up with my e-mail I came across this request.
I now have such a free service at my site:

   The Swift Survey Maker
   http://members.tripod.com/~rtiess/survey.htm

Provide some basic information, enter some questions
and possible answers (if the question is multiple
choice) or specify text input (line/box) and in
minutes you can have a working survey.  You can also
have radio/checkbox questions.  This is extremely
versatile and can be used for tests, questionnaires,
user feedback forms, and anything else you need
to gather user input at your site.

This does generate mailto forms, BUT it also creates
a secondary question template and creates an e-mail
link where visitors can alternately send their input.
Code can also be modified to point to CGI mail
handlers.  Resulting forms are in standard HTML
(no Javascript), but the service itself requrires a
Javascript compatible browser.

This service was tested on Internet Explorer 4.x and
Netscape Communicator 4.x.

Robert
rjtiess at warwick.net