[WEB4LIB] Re: IE 5.0

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Fri Mar 19 22:33:51 EST 1999

At 03:54 PM 3/19/99 -0800, Dan Lester wrote:
>Well, I too have the one from TUCOWS (which naturally displays their name
>in the title bar unless you go to registry to edit it out).   And there is
>NOT an entry under that you describe.  The only toolbars are Standard
>Buttons, Address Bar, and Links.  NO radio.

Well, I thought I'd answer my own message now that I've done a bit more
looking.  Indeed the tucows.com IE5 is available, and is about 25 mb.   You
can get one purportedly WITH the radio from download.com that is 17mb.  As
noted in an earlier msg the tucows.com version also excludes help files,
and they weren't available when I wanted them.

BUT if you want the whole thing, all the bells and whistles it appears to
be 67.5mb, and is available from MS if you can ever get a connection, and
from ZDNet, and probably other places.   In this case you don't "get what
you pay for", but you "get what you wait for".  I'll bet there are other
"versions" out there too, many of them with "co-branding".  I have the
ZDNet version downloading now, with plenty of basketball to watch and long
range plans to read.

I know that for library public workstations I don't want to put up any that
are  branded or otherwise changed.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
dan at 84.com   http://www.84.com/  http://www.idaholibraries.org/