[WEB4LIB] Re: Brainstorming time! - Multiple monitors

James Klock j-klock at evanston.lib.il.us
Fri Mar 19 16:53:00 EST 1999

>I am using multiple monitors when designing our library system's web
>site.  There are several reasons why this is a big advantage for me:

Okay, now that someone else has noted a use for multiple monitors which is
not particularly unique to libraries, I'll note that we have exactly one
machine running two monitors.  It happens to be a Mac, but it would work
just as well if it were a PC...  This machine serves as a graphics
workstation, and has things like Page Maker, Photoshop, Illustrator,
Acrobat Distiller and the like on it.  We mostly use it for creating
in-house advertisements.  We probably wouldn't have bothered with a second
monitor, but the mac we had available to press into this service happened
to be an "All-in-One", with a built in monitor (but not an iMac), which was
smaller than we wanted.  So we added a video card and a 21" monitor, and it
makes a nice place to design posters and the like.

James