College catalogues

Bigwood, David Bigwood at lpi.jsc.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 19 12:02:25 EST 1999

Cal,

Just a thought.  College catalogs, as a rule, contain similar
information in a fairly standard format.  It would seem to me to be a
good candidate for a DTD in SGML and XML.  That would help in resource
discovery and reduce the work being done at each institution.  Something
like the EAD for archival materials.  Links could then be provided in a
hierarchy structure, from indexes, and the structure of the document.

Sincerely,
David Bigwood
bigwood at lpi.jsc.nasa.gov
Lunar & Planetary Institute