[WEB4LIB] Network Printing Setups for Public Internet Workstations

Ann S. Owens asowens at ix.netcom.com
Fri Mar 12 00:21:44 EST 1999

We switched this year from HP Deskjet 520s attached to each of our  8
public internet workstations to a single HP laserjet networked printer,
and have nothing but positive comments!  The amount of wasted paper has
dropped dramatically, and there is much less troubleshooting and
maintenance involved for library staff.  Patrons are more likely to
print only what they need, and since the pickup point is closer to the
reference desk, they are also more likely to pay for the copies, too!  I
think I speak for the rest of the staff when I say we would never go
back to individual printers.
--
Ann S. Owens
(asowens at ix.netcom.com)