[WEB4LIB] Re: Kiosk Mode II: Stop/Reload/Home

Middletown Thrall Library Webmaster u1013066 at warwick.net
Thu Mar 11 11:59:24 EST 1999

bboru at si.umich.edu wrote:
>  Unfortunately, this also means the patron is constrained to
>  browsing with javascript turned on.

With all the web services (including mine) that now regularly
use Java and Javascript, I would never recommend implementing
public Internet stations without these things enabled.  Our
Java WebPAC service would never function if that were the case.
Barring special needs in special settings, I believe Java and
Javascript should always be on.  In general public Internet
settings, patrons would be deprived of functionality and
access to materials if we were to deactivate those items.
For me, that would be unacceptable.

Robert

rjtiess at warwick.net
thrall12 at warwick.net