What kind of URL is this?

Rici Lake rici at ssimicro.com
Tue Mar 9 19:07:34 EST 1999

>Therefore http://199.45.145.1 = http://3341652225
>
>Unfortunately, I don't know enough math to reverse the process, if it is
>even possible.

Of course it´s reversible. The easy way is to look at the number in hex,
divide it into pairs of "digits" (hexits?), and convert each pair to
decimal.

>One use for using an address such as this is to get around filters and
>proxies.

Yes, exactly. In Internet Explorer, the "local internet zone" is defined as
the set of URLs which have no "." in the host name. Consequently, purely
numeric addresses will appear to be "local". If you have your security set,
for example, to reject ActiveX components from the Internet but accept them
from the "local internet zone", then a URL like this will be able to freely
send ActiveX components. So my advice is, don´t click on it.

BTW:  3508975004=0xD126B59C=209.38.181.156
nslookup 209.38.181.156 = www.buildawebbiz.com
(however, nslookup www.buildawebbiz.com = 209.38.181.146)

whois buildawebbiz.com:

Registrant:
SmartStart Publishing, Inc. (BUILDAWEBBIZ-DOM)
   P.O. Box 261991
   Highlands Ranch, CO 80163
   US

   Domain Name: BUILDAWEBBIZ.COM

   Administrative Contact, Billing Contact:
      Dom Admin  (DA9900-ORG)  lhazen1 at YAHOO.COM
      (303) 839-2942
   Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Macvey, Lyle  (LM1158)  support at H2NET.NET
      (303)432-8610 (FAX) (303)432-8435

   Record last updated on 08-Mar-99.
   Database last updated on 9-Mar-99 06:45:35 EST.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   NS1.H2NET.NET  204.227.19.1
   NS2.H2NET.NET  204.227.19.2
   NS2.ROCKYMTN.NET  166.93.8.2