[WEB4LIB] Blocking access to C: drive from browsers

Teri Titus titust at pls.lib.ca.us
Mon Mar 8 23:06:21 EST 1999

We use WinSelect Kiosk/Policy.  There is a feature called Edit box filter,
you can select internet sites and then specify that anything typed in the
URL box starts with http or www (or gopher or ftp or telnet if you use
those as well).  If the patron types in anything else, such as C: then
they get a message, ...must start with http, www....  Their home page is
http://www.hypertec.com/

                       )
                      (
               '!'

Teri Titus, Belmont Branch Library, SMCo
1110 Alameda, Belmont, CA 94002
titust at pls.lib.ca.us
phone: 650-591-8365
fax:   650-591-1195