MS Word and Cold Fusion

Jay Frantz jay at ccpl.ci.corpus-christi.tx.us
Mon Mar 1 16:19:50 EST 1999

Hello All:
I am a webmaster with a library in Texas. I have put up a 17th century
document on the web. It has been translated from Spanish, and it contains
the sirnames of early settlers to South Texas. The document is important
because it provides invaluable information of genealogical significance.
Anyway, this document has a separate names index in MS Word which contains
the list of names contained in the main document. I have
keyword searching.

But, here's what I want to do. I want to create a fully hyperlinked index
for the main document from the MS Word document. In otherwords, I want to
be able to click on a name in the names index and be sent to the instance
of that name in the main document. Sounds easy, right?  I used Cold Fusion
to make the full-text searching available. Does any one know how to use
Cold Fusion for the above mentioned purpose? Does anyone know of an
alternative that they are familiar with?

And yes, I have already posted the question with the Cold Fusion Forums;
ie CF-Talk, etc.

Any info that anyone can provide will be helpful.

Regards,

Jay H. Frantz,
Corpus Christi Public Libraries

P.S. I know that I could make a datasource in MS Access, but I'm trying to
avoid inputting 700+ names! I'd prefer some method to do this
programatically.