Warning with World Book Deluxe 1999

Paul Deane pdeane at ccs.nsls.lib.il.us
Wed Mar 31 14:24:35 EST 1999

Note of warning.  We just installed World Book Deluxe 1999 on a multimedia
station for the public.  The operating system is Windows 98 and Fortress
4.0 is the security system.  When Fortress is disabled, World Book runs
fine.  When it is not disabled, we get an error " ODBC Microsoft Access 97
driver login failed"  "Couldn't lock file".

I will pass along solution if I find one.  If anyone has any suggestions,
they would be welcome at my email address.

Thanks,

Paul Deane
Head of Technical Services
Round Lake Area Library