[WEB4LIB] FrontPage elements

David Merchant merchant at bayou.com
Mon Mar 29 10:52:41 EST 1999

>Can anyone help?  I have inserted a marquee to our homepage in FrontPage,
>but it does not show up in Netscape.  Would appreciate input.  Thanks!

'Tis be the dark side of HTML editors created by the owners of a particular
browser.  They code only for their browser (this goes for Netscape as well
as Microsoft).  The marquee tag is not implemented in Netscape, 'tis a
Microsoft extension visible only on Internet Explorer (though I haven't
tried viewing marquee tags on WebTV yet).

TTFN,
David
Systems Librarian, Louisiana Tech University  <www.latech.edu/tech/library/>
javascript list administrator  <www.mountaindragon.com/javascript>