[WEB4LIB] Indexing select web sites

Tim Tripp ttripp at inforamp.net
Tue Mar 2 21:16:37 EST 1999

Ann Perbohner wrote:

> I would like to make a searchable index of specific web sites or
> directories.
>
> Does anyone have a favorite spider or other tool for doing this?

I like the spider product from Inmagic (http://www.inmagic.com/).

They have two versions - a free one, and the pay for one.  The pay for version is
much more configurable, but requires Inmagic's DB/Textworks software for that.  I
haven't looked for a while to check if the free version is still available, but if
you can't find it on their site, then you can give them a call.  If it's still
available, it might serve your purposes, but requires Windows NT to run on.

Cheers,

Tim

--
Tim Tripp, Librarian
Spar Aerospace Ltd.
Work: ttripp at spar.ca
Home: ttripp at inforamp.net
### I saw two shooting stars last night,
### I wished on them, but they were only satellites...
### Is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
                          - Billy Bragg