[WEB4LIB] Re: Web based email programs (fwd)

bmenk at hampton.lib.nh.us bmenk at hampton.lib.nh.us
Fri Jun 25 12:04:56 EDT 1999

On 25 Jun 99, Jerry Kuntz wrote:

> I suggest it be classed into:
> --POP3 web-based email retrieval services
> --Free web-based email account services
> --Web email server software

I hate to see duplication of effort - even someone else's effort ;>.

We link users to http://www.emailaddresses.com/ to help them
find a freebie "Hotmail" type of account.  It covers items 1 and 2 in
Jerry's list quite well I find. It also covers companies that will set up
web-email  services for you if you have enough traffic etc.   What it
lacks is good coverage of server-side programs you can install to
set up this kind of service for yourself. Perhaps that's where we
might focus any efforts?

Bobb Menk, Internet Librarian, Lane Memorial Library
Hampton, NH 03842  603-926-3368
bmenk at hampton.lib.nh.us