Candidate E-Journals with Embedded Multimedia

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Fri Jun 25 09:18:48 EDT 1999

     _Candidate E-Journals with Embedded Multimedia_

   For a newsletter article I will be submitting early next week, I am greatly interested in listing additional e-journals that have integrated multimedia with their e-articles. Among the types of embedded multimedia I've identified to date are:

      - Animation
      - Datasets
      - Geospatial plotting
      - Interactive 3-D displays
      - Interactive graphs
      - Interactive spreadsheets, tables
      -' Live Math' and numerical code
      - Music
      - Sound
      -Video
      - Virtual Reality

  The e-journals have identified to date that include some of these multimedia features are:

  * Combustion Theory and Modelling (IOP)

     http://www.iop.org/Journals/ct

  *  Earth Interactions

     http://earthinteractions.org/

  *  Internet Archaeology
     http://intarch.ac.uk/news/eva97.html

   * Internet Journal of Chemistry

     http://www.ijc.com/multimedia.html

     http://www.ijc.com/

   * Nanotechnology (IOP)

      http://www.iop.org/Journals/na

   * Videre

      http://mitpress.mit.edu/e-journals/Videre/

  As Always, Any and All Contributions are Most Welcome!

   Regards,

/Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

   "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It!"
                              Alan Kay
     http://ei.cs.vt.edu/~history/GASCH.KAY.HTML