[WEB4LIB] Mac-like floppy icon on Win95 dtop?

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Mon Jun 21 09:56:27 EDT 1999

You can put a short cut to A:\ on the desktop.  When this is double
clicked it will bring explorer up with the contents of drive A if there
is a disk in that drive and that drive is normally accessible.

Thomas

Robert Hiebert wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Is there a utility that will put a floppy's icon on a Win95 desktop
> automatically when the floppy is put in the drive? I work in a school that
> is 90% Macs and students find it very disconcerting to put in a disk and
> not have its icon appear. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Robert
>
> Robert Hiebert, Librarian
> Golden Secondary School
> Golden, BC, V0A 1H0, Canada
> rohisd18 at rockies.net
> website: www.sd6.bc.ca/gss/library/

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/
Voice:  828 262 6587			FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine