[WEB4LIB] celeron, pentium...and AMD K6

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Mon Jun 21 01:33:26 EDT 1999

At 01:50 PM 6/20/99 -0700, CharmngDyk at aol.com wrote:
>  i was wondering about the celeron vs pentium discussion.
>why no mention of the AMD K6-2 chip?

Probably because people were answering the question that was asked, rather
than giving a complete dissertation on various alternative chips.  Among
our 170 networked computers in the library we now have Pentiums, PentiumII,
K6, K6-2, 586, Celeron, and maybe something else I'm not thinking of this
late at night.

As far as we're concerned, they're all essentially equal for the same clock
speed for any practical library purpose.  And for most normal library
purposes (other than high end servers, etc.), I wouldn't worry about the
difference between a 300, 400, etc. speed.

cheers

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165