[WEB4LIB] Outgoing Security

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Mon Jun 14 18:35:55 EDT 1999

At 02:32 PM 6/14/99 -0700, Paul H. Gray wrote:
>What my librarians would like is something that REQUIRED the user to click
>a 'Yes I agree' button before they could leave this page.  We are not
>necessarily interested in usernames or passwords -- just requiring an action.

You'll still have the "hot seat" problem, even if you do this.  And people
will validly say that they didn't know.  What I mean is, if I'm on the
computer and get up and leave, and someone else comes along, s/he can
continue on from where I was....and honestly never have seen the "click
here I agree" screen.  Yes, you could set a short timeout, but even that
wouldn't solve it.

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165