How do you inform your remote users ?

Robert Sullivan SCP_SULLI at sals.edu
Fri Jun 11 11:20:02 EDT 1999

>How do you inform your remote users of changes on your websites (new
>services, new opening/closing hours, etc...), do you use a mailing list
>software and send info messages on a periodical basis ? I'd appreciate
>any comments/suggestions to help me to communicate with these users I
>never see...

I used one of the free mailing list sites (onelist.com) to create an
announcement-only list.  I post our calendar of events and lists of new
acquisitions as well as Web site updates and general news about the library.

I chose onelist.com because they allow for e-mail subscription, rather than
forcing someone to go through a Web form.  Their competitors may also allow
this, but they specifically mentioned it.

Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org