[WEB4LIB] Microsoft Access: a second try to get info.

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Fri Jun 4 12:36:20 EDT 1999

>One thing that bothered me was people recommending other products and
>even other computer platforms

We provided alternatives because we don't think you can (at all easily) do
what you want with just Access, and most likely the pages you produce will
reside either on an NT (which supports Perl, Active Server Pages, and I think
Cold Fusion) or a Unix (which also supports Perl, PHP, Cold Fusion etc) web
server.  Even if you serve these pages off your own Win95 machine, web servers
are available (for free) that support ASP and Perl (maybe Cold Fusion as
well).

> 1. Using the report how do I get the Save as HTML to output all
> records to one file or how do I remove the page break from the report?

I looked into this a while back and as far as I can tell, this is not
possible. Well, maybe it is if you write the code yourself for something like
the On Page event (which occurs just before printing) in the report.  You
can't use the On Open event because that is done before query to retrieve the
records.

As I said before, Access was not designed to do what you are asking;  it
assumes that you wish to approximate a printed report in HTML and breaks it
into multiple files, one per (printed) page.

- Darryl

   Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
   Consulting & Development                     http://gollum.usask.ca/
   Department of Computing Services                 163 Murray Building
   University of Saskatchewan                              Main Library