[WEB4LIB] Registering IP Addresses & Domain Names (How to)

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Thu Jun 3 12:03:57 EDT 1999

At 08:29 AM 6/3/99 -0600, Michael Sauers wrote:
>I finally found the document I was looking for.  If you're interested you
>can find it @ http://www.cnet.com/Content/Features/Howto/Domain/

I just read this piece from August 1996 and it is pretty badly out of
date.  Many of the principles are still correct, but....
1. The links to Internic are all dead, though Internic did provide links to
the new URLs.
2. The price of a domain name is wrong, as it went down.
3. The idea of an ISP charging a service fee for registering your domain
name is obsolete (at least for any ISP that wants much business)
4. The question about getting your own ip number (other than through your
ISP) isn't answered.

cheers

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165